Equipping students with disabilities with the skills, experiences, supports, and relationships they need to thrive after high school is among the central purposes of special education. Our project is developing high-quality professional development, resources, and technical assistance aimed at ensure schools across the state are implementing the very best of what we know works in supporting the transition to adulthood. Our free, online resources--called Blueprint for Student Success--addresses best practices and practical strategies for special educators, families, and other transition team members.
Presently, the site includes eight sections focused on:
- Guiding Principles for Transition
- Age-Appropriate Transition Assessment
- High-Quality Transition Planning
- Pathways to Employment
- Pathways to Postsecondary Education
- Pathways to Self-Determination
- Pathways to Community Living
- Supports and Partnerships
To learn more about this project, visit our website.