The TennesseeWorks Partnership is an innovative and coordinated effort to ensure youth and young adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) across the state have the aspirations, preparation, opportunities, and supports to access competitive and integrated work that contributes to their flourishing. Launched in 2012, our systems change project has made a deep and sustained investment in equipping:
- Young people with IDD to aspire toward competitive work from an early age
- Families to pursue competitive work for their members with disabilities
- Educators to prepare students for competitive work throughout their schooling
- Service systems to support competitive work in every corner of the state
- Communities to receive the gifts and contributions of people with disabilities.
Although this this work has been supported by a systems change grant from the Administration on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, TennesseeWorks has become the name we use to describe all of our collective efforts in the state to change the employment landscape for Tennesseans with disabilities.